Saturday, October 30, 2010

I had a dream that was more like a vision
In which I was floating as if in a dream
Yet I was blind as if I had lost my vision
And had only my trust to guide me
As clouds surrounded me with a glow
That stretched out like a hand to lead
As I struggled once again to find the love
That only a moment ago was in my grasp
Yet was stolen away by clouds that insisted
On love that remained forever floating in a dream

The blue sky above reflects a gentle light
That also glows in the distance as waves below
Crash against my elevated feet that remain suspended
Like a dream floating away in a deep sleep
As the lover returns and takes my hand and
holds it to her breast so that my fingers
Can touch the heartbeats of her love
So that I never forget that clouds that glow
are like a dream that forever floats
beyond the shadows of true love below

And clouds that forever float in distant dreams
Are like wistful waves crashing against the shore
Reflecting glimmers of the sun from the sky above
As the moment for love instead races back to sea
And the dreams are left to float without ever finding home

No comments:

Post a Comment